The National Park Service and National Park Foundation will celebrate National Park Week April 18-26, 2015 by waiving entrance fees on April 18 and 19.
To celebrate “America's Best Idea” Austin Adventures (Austin, TX - based company) offers these professionally guided, small group National Park vacations for 2015:
1. Grand Canyon National Park – Round up the entire family and visit this mind-blowing, mile-deep canyon in the heart of Arizona’s high desert. Ride the Grand Canyon Railway across the Colorado Plateau, paddle board on Lake Pleasant, swim at Slide Rock State Park and end your 6-day/5-night vacation with a BBQ on the banks of Oak Creek. Starting at $2,158.
2. Glacier Bay National Park – As no roads lead to Alaska’s Glacier Bay, guests embark on an 8-day small ship cruise that explores this remote national park. See majestic mountains, calving glaciers, narrow fjords, and more. In addition to wildlife viewing, activities include hiking, kayaking, sailing and paddle boarding. Starting at $4,395.
3. Bryce Canyon & Zion National Parks – See the “most colorful park in America” and the “land of rainbow canyons” on this 6-day/5-night vacation in two of Utah’s most unforgettable national parks. Bike through Snow Canyon, hike among the hoodoos and wade in the Virgin River between the sheer rock walls of the Narrows. Starting at $1,918.
4. Yellowstone National Park – Trust your guide to show you how this place looks even more magical from “behind the scenes.” Hike backcountry trails for access to the best views, learn the secrets of the resident wildlife and rest assured, through Austin Adventures’ relationship with Xanterra Parks & Resorts®, you’ll have some of the finest rooms in the park on this 6-day/5-night award-winning package. Starting at $2,298.
5. Grand Teton National Park – Paddle and pedal in the shadow of the most striking mountain range on both sides of the Mississippi. The Grand Tetons are the crown jewel of Grand Teton National Park—the setting for this 6-day/5-night multisport (hiking, biking and kayaking) vacation. Starting at $2,318.
6. Yosemite National Park – Rappel down a granite wall, explore by horseback, raft the mighty Merced River and hike to the park’s highlights including Vernal Falls and Sentinel Dome. It’s all included on the itinerary of this 6-day/5-night vacation in Yosemite which celebrates its 125th year as a national park in October, 2015. Starting at $2,558.
7. Glacier National Park – Revered as the “backbone of the world” by the local Native Americans, Glacier National Park should be at the top of any bucket list. Activities on this 6-day/5-night adventure include biking Going-to-the-Sun Road, trekking among the towering evergreens on the Trail of Cedars and plenty of wildlife watching. Starting at $2,398.
8. Utah - Arches & Canyonlands – Marvel at the more than 2,000 natural stone arches in Utah’s Arches National Park, ride along the scenic Island in the Sky route in Canyonlands National Park and raft a playful stretch of the Colorado River. Base camp for this 6-day/5-night multisport vacation is in the heart of downtown Moab. Starting at $1,998.
9. San Juan Island National Historical Park – Consisting of 172 islands, this archipelago in Washington has a lot to offer when it comes to waterfront adventure. Search for orcas while kayaking the scenic bays, bike to historic sites which were once water boundaries and dine on the freshest seafood in the Northwest on this 6-day/5-night vacation. Starting at $2,998.
All vacations are all-inclusive and more details including departure dates are available in the Austin Adventures adventure vacation catalogs and on its new website, www.austinadventures.com. Both scheduled group departures and custom trips can be booked by calling (800) 575-1540 or emailing email@example.com.