Wednesday, November 9, 2011

How to Cancel GRIP Insurance on Your Cell Phone

I rely on my cell phone for travel, but haven't lost mine since I purchased the larger smart phone. Originally I had ordered GRIP insurance against loss or other problems but decided to cancel it. That took me to trying to find out HOW to cancel GRIP insurance.

I thought I would post it here in case others are having trouble too. I called the toll free number and all I needed to give the representative was the cell number. She then cancelled the account for me very quickly and without any hassle.

NOTE: 7/26/16
I have received feedback via the comments that the number no longer works. I called it and found that the number did NOT work and all it provided was a series of ads. I did a little research and found out that Go Wireless appears to be a Verizon re-seller and is not Verizon. GRIP appears to be connected to Go Wireless.

I then called Go Wireless (http://gowireless.com ) at (866) 487-1222 (or the website says you can email them at customerservice@gowireless.com) to inquire about the correct number for GRIP insurance. Both the representative and his supervisor called the GRIP number and said it worked and the menu they heard was the normal one. 

I immediately called the GRIP number again myself and sure enough, it was a legitimate menu. So please leave comments here if you are unable to use the phone number I originally provided below:

Here is how to cancel (taken from the GRIP site):

To cancel coverage, you must mail a written request to: Cell Brokerage, LLC, 9970 W. Cheyenne Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89129 or call 1-866-664-GRIP (4747)

Customer Service: Mon-Sat 6am-9pm / Sun 7am-8pm PST.

GRIP stands for: GoWireless Replacement Insurance Program

I suggest that if you cannot get through via phone, you email: info@cellbrokerage.com