Sunday, September 5, 2010

IF I was traveling, I would have gone here...

I'm a travel writer taking a break from travel on a very busy Labor Day weekend. But if I was traveling, here are two places I would have loved to go:

Hatch Chile Festival in Hatch, New Mexico: Each Labor Day Weekend, the Chile Capitol of the World puts on a festival.  The festival attracts over 30,000 visitors from all over the United States, including such notables as the Food Network and the BBC. Festival goers can sample famed chile recipes, watch the crowning of the chile festival queen, or toss a horseshoe in celebration of this famous crop. The event also features chile ristra contests, artisan and food booths, and a carnival.

Navajo Nation Fair, Window Rock, AZ: The Navajo Nation Fair has become a world-renowned event that showcases Navajo Agriculture, Fine Arts and Crafts, with the promotion and preservation of the Navajo heritage by providing cultural entertainment. Enjoy rodeo, Indian dances, carnival and more.

I have yet to attend either of these events and you can bet they will be on my list for when I DO resume traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment