Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Going to Get a Full Body Scan at the Airport - Are You?

Oh goody.... someone at the airport wants to scan my body. In return, I'll have the privelege of being packed on an airplane with over a hundred holiday travelers.

I'm back flying again as I want to see my lovely granddaughters for Thanksgiving! So my choice is not to fly or to stay home. I must fly!
So with all the buzz about the full body scans and the alternative pat-down, I took just a moment to think this through. I have had a full body scan several times. It is fast and I am on my way quickly. Now when it comes to a body pat down, I think that might be much more intrusive. True, you will have a person of the same sex pat you down, but now the pat-down is much more intimate and time-consuming. I really feel for the guys who opt for a pat down and have a man slide his hand up into their most private parts. Ugh! If I was a guy, I'd quickly opt for the scan.

So for me there is no question. I'm going to be scanned. So what are other thoughts... would anyone give up traveling because of this?

2 comments:

  1. It's not the end of the world if a guy stares at my nekkid body, so I have to be grateful for all security there can be :-)

    I wrote this already in 2007:

    Rude Nude Security Control

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no problem with the full body scan.
    But at airports that don't have the scanners yet, anybody who sets off the metal detector may get the invasive body pat down. That means no choice for people with prosthetic knees, hips, etc.

    ReplyDelete