Sunday, August 14, 2016

Fascination with Doors: Travel Writers Love Them!

I was recently invited to participate in a collaborative post about doors and travel. It seems like everyone enjoys photographing interesting doors world-wide. In fact, you'll find whole Instagram accounts devoted to doors... @travelingthroughdoors @thedoorproject are two I suggest following.

The blog, Hello Giggles, has noticed this obsession with hinged entrances and wrote a post about the trend

And, from time to time, I've been drawn to photograph doors. The door I submitted for the collaboration was one that I went through while visiting Taos Pueblo. I was drawn by the color of the door and the sun streaming into the little shop. It was welcoming and intriguing.

"Be an opener of doors" -Ralph Waldo Emerson 
Be sure and have a look at our collaborative effort and see what the other travel writers chose for the post.  Enjoy these "doortraits!"

So now we're off to gather window photos for a collaborative effort. Look for that one soon on Irene Levine's More Time To Travel blog.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment