Monday, December 31, 2018

Favorite 2018 Instagram Travel Posts

2018 was a year full of travel, colorful sights, and meaningful visits. I've selected some Instagram travel posts, both from my Instagram feeds and from those that particularly impressed me this year, for a great round-up of travel photos from 2018.

Blogging Coonhound Retires

I can't have a list of favorite photos without highlighting the fact that Cinnamon, the Blogging Coonhound, retired this year. Instead, she is relaxing, sunbathing in the backyard, and confining her travels to "luxury dog-friendly travel." Cinnamon is 11, although she really doesn't want you to know that! This photo was taken at her gala retirement party as she awaited the guests (and their retirement gifts).


Vancouver, WA Waterfront Takes Shape

I'm posting this photo as the exciting Vancouver, WA (where I live) Waterfront along the Columbia River has opened a great walking area with the stunning Grand Street Pier. Twigs and Wild Fin restaurants have opened and we are eagerly anticipating the location of a Maryhill Winery Tasting Room. For those who are not aware (and they are fewer each year), Vancouver WA (The Couve) is located across the river from Portland, Oregon.



Exploring Slot Canyons in Utah and Arizona

Writer Gina Zammit and I learned plenty about photographing slot canyons from our guides. These beautiful sandstone canyons left us in awe of the color, texture and history. And, we left with plenty of selfies!


The Trail to Feast Portland

I always enjoy seeing where our food comes from. Before Feast Portland this year, I was treated to a foodie and adventure tour of Southern Oregon. Here, Jules, our guide and driver, found the perfect apple in the orchard across the road from The Fry Family Organic Farm in Medford OR, both great places to visit and find fresh produce.



Christmas in Salt Lake City

Barbara Barrielle has a sense of whimsey. No matter where she travels, she finds something fun to photograph (and it's often a selfie). Here she is being a kid again with Santa at the annual German Christkindlmarkt in Salt Lake City at the "This is the Place Heritage Park."


Cruising Through the Locks in Seattle

I was thrilled to be invited aboard Windstar's Star Legend to cruise along the Seattle waterfront and through the Ballard Locks. The Star Legend was the largest ship to ever attempt to go through these narrow locks and they drew a huge crowd.

Dining Around Portland

You can't live just across the bridge from a foodie city like Portland without succumbing to the culinary delights available in all the neighborhoods of the city. One of my favorites, while strolling the Alberta District, is the fresh East Indian street food served at Bollywood Theater. While you are there, check out the Bollywood movie playing in the women's restroom!

Hood River Valley Fruit Loop

While on the way to explore The Dalles, Oregon, I stopped at this lovely home and garden near Panorama Point. The Elisea family has been there for years and have a picture perfect view.


Walking and Exploring Port Angeles, Washington

It was a regional convention for the AVA: America's Walking Club that drew me to Port Angeles to stay and walk. Over a long weekend we explored the area on foot... from Sequim's lavender fields to the beautiful tidepools of the Salt Creek Recreation Area on the Olympic Peninsula.



Recycled Art and Rhodys

I'm a fan of the Recycled Arts Festival that takes place in Esther Short Park in Vancouver, WA but this cutie was spied at the Portland Crystal Springs Rhododendron Gardens during their garden fair. Since I have two coonhounds, I'm always drawn to "hound art."


Spring in Oysterville

Oysterville, a historic town on the Long Beach Peninsula of Washington, is still home to oyster growers. And, the historic town can be walked in less than an hour. This church is available for events and you can visit when its open. Strolling Oysterville is one of my favorite things to do on the peninsula.



Sunset on the Oregon Coast

Last but not least, I had the pleasure of staying at the Headlands Coastal Lodge and Spa at Pacific City and the sunset was amazing. At Sunset, people came outside from the Pelican Pub, walked along the beach and admired the beauty of the Oregon Coast.



Happy 2019

And what will 2019 bring? Well, in a few weeks I'll be taking off to experience a chef's week at Danzante Bay in Loreto Mexico. It will be my first time and I'm sure I'll be inspired so watch my Instagram feed for more travel adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment