Friday, August 23, 2013

Breakfast in Downtown Santa Fe: Convenience and traditional foods



Patio at Santa Fe Bite
There are some great breakfast restaurants in Santa Fe but not all of them are within walking distance of downtown hotels. We've selected two that are walkable from most downtown locations. 

Santa Fe Bite
Located adjacent to Garrett's Desert Inn and across the street from the Inn at the Alameda you'll find a new restaurant on the downtown scene.
Huevos Rancheros at The Bite

While Santa Fe Bite is new, the owners and cuisine is not. You see, this restaurant was formerly the popular Bobcat Bite which was located out of town. It now is right in the midst of the action on Canyon Road and The Plaza, easily walkable from both. 

The new "Bite" has an expansive patio, a nicely appointed dining room and maintains some of the old favorites like the Green Chile Cheeseburger. In fact, I found that you can have one for brunch on Sunday. 

311 Old Santa Fe Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87501

Delightful French Toast at La Plazuela
La Plazuela
Located inside the historic La Fonda, you'll find a welcoming indoor courtyard with great New Mexican and traditional American cuisine.

La Plazuela restaurant was the hotel’s original 1920s patio and it retains that sunlit Old World charm. Skylights flood the dining room with natural light. Handsome carved furnishings, artisanal lighting, and those much-loved hand painted windows create a beautiful backdrop for a memorable breakfast.

100 E. San Francisco St.
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Book Hotels in Santa Fe and Save
 

6 comments:

  1. Planning a trip to Santa Fe so this is so timely!
    Thanks~
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, The Bite sounds fantastic. I would absolutely want to order that Green Chile Cheeseburger. And the Huevos Rancheros got my stomach grumbling...it looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is enough to make me head to Santa Fe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look like good choices, I'd probably be a regular if we had these breakfast places in our town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like great options. I'm always tempted to try Huevos Rancheros, but usually stick with something more basic fearing that I'll be disappointed. Santa Fe Bite just might be the place to get me to order it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the presentation of the French toast. Unfortunately, eggs aren't my favorite so I'd have to choose something else.
    I love having breakfast or brunch in a beautiful setting and these restaurants sound quite delightful.

    PS: I've discovered the problem with the comment I left earlier. It seems Firefox doesn't play well with Blogger -- I'm not sure where my comment went after I hit Publish. I tested my theory by switching to Safari -- it worked a few minutes ago on another blog so hopefully it will here as well. If not, I'll email you my comment.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete