Monday, May 3, 2010

Travel Writer Camera Advice

Many people have asked me what cameras I use for my photos. As a travel writer, I have to "point and shoot" as I go. Press trips don't allow much time for setting up a tripod, adjusting settings on my camera and choosing a filter. I have to take them as I see them.

I have found that having one large camera and one smaller one, that will fit in my purse, is ideal. When I review a restaurant or festival, it's best to be discreet and take photos with a small camera sans flash.

So what cameras have I chosen? For my large camera, I chose the Canon Rebel Xti. I also purchased a 80-200mm lense with image stabilization. That way, I can get both close-up and distance shots with one lens.

For my smaller camera, I recently purchased a Canon PowerShot SX210IS. Image stabilization in a small camera? Yes! I was so excited. I chose gold so I could actually find the camera in the bottom of my purse. It's that small.

Here are more resources to help you choose your travel camera:
About.com Cameras
Search Amazon.com for cameras digital

Here are some photos I have taken with these cameras:
Liz's  Smug Mug Pages


I hope this helps you with your camera choices.
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment