Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 3 - Weakening, I look at a press trip with lustful eyes

The Birds are Happy I am Not Traveling
I'm trying not to travel and that's tough because I am a travel writer. It's almost like the Devil is tempting me to stray from a necessary path.

So what has the Devil done today? I got an e-mail about a great press trip in Northern Arizona scheduled for November. I read every word and pictured myself enjoying some new places and photographing them to share with readers. Fortnately the trip overlapped another commitment so I didn't apply for that press trip. But I have to admit I was lusting after the opportunity.

Next, a friend of mine who runs walking tours sent me some updates for her website. I read each of the scheduled 2011 trip summaries until I got to the last one. This trip would take me to Utah and Colorado and some places I have not been. But after thinking it through.... I decided to postpone jumping on that one and sending in a deposit.

Yes, I'm being tempted but have to stick around to take care of household chores and healthcare appointments. And, if I am lucky, I make it to the community pool around 3pm to enjoy laps in the cool, turquoise waters.... all the while dreaming of travel.