Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 3 - Weakening, I look at a press trip with lustful eyes

The Birds are Happy I am Not Traveling
I'm trying not to travel and that's tough because I am a travel writer. It's almost like the Devil is tempting me to stray from a necessary path.

So what has the Devil done today? I got an e-mail about a great press trip in Northern Arizona scheduled for November. I read every word and pictured myself enjoying some new places and photographing them to share with readers. Fortnately the trip overlapped another commitment so I didn't apply for that press trip. But I have to admit I was lusting after the opportunity.

Next, a friend of mine who runs walking tours sent me some updates for her website. I read each of the scheduled 2011 trip summaries until I got to the last one. This trip would take me to Utah and Colorado and some places I have not been. But after thinking it through.... I decided to postpone jumping on that one and sending in a deposit.

Yes, I'm being tempted but have to stick around to take care of household chores and healthcare appointments. And, if I am lucky, I make it to the community pool around 3pm to enjoy laps in the cool, turquoise waters.... all the while dreaming of travel.

1 comment:

  1. I understand about needing to be home to work, write and and handle daily chores but also understand the need, not for speed but to check out another superb sounding destination.

    ReplyDelete