Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 2 - Travel Writer Tries Not to Travel

It's Day 2 and I'm not on the road. But my summer travels leave me with plenty to think about.

My writing colleagues and I started an e-zine named "Striped Pot." I love the colors and I love the concept - "Travel around the world with the world's best writers."  We launch today. One of my articles highlights a special destination from my summer sojourn to Gallup, Indian Capitol of the World... Earl's. Earl's is the place where you can dine next to Navajo families and go shopping for Native American jewelry as vendors politely stop by your table. My friends go there just for the shopping entertainment. More about Earl's.

Meanwhile, I'm not traveling but I DID accept a writing invitation to go on a day trip with Arizona Scenic Tours.  But since it's just a day trip, that doesn't count as traveling, right?

Photo Courtesy: Stripedpot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment