Saturday, May 30, 2015

Ghost Signs: L.D. Heater Music Company – Portland, Oregon

They call them Ghost Signs. These relics of a bygone era show through the wear and tear on buildings and barns throughout the United States. When I see one, I stop and ponder the business, wonder if it is still in existence, and am glad the ads and business signs still exist. Thank you for not painting over these!

Last night, as I waited for the Streetcar on 10th between Morrison and Alder in downtown Portland, I looked up and saw this sign on the side of a brick building. I learned that the L.D. Heater Music Company was a family-owned importer of musical instruments based in Portland, Oregon from around 1918 until about 1984. Here is more information on L.D. Heater.

Photo: Copyright Elizabeth R Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment