Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rebecca Weatherford - Texas Hill Country Glass Artist

As I travel, I often visit very talented artists. I did that while on a Texas Hill Country press trip. Rebecca Weatherford, a very talented glass artist lives on acres of oak studded rolling hills. She is a fused glass expert. She is also an excellent teacher and glass instructor.

You'll find her work in the galleries of Fredericksburg, Texas. As I sat entranced by her presentation, I learned how difficult her craft is. And, as I was about ready to leave I spied a lovely horse design that she had done on glass. While this was a simple horse, I had hoped to add a bit of Texas Hill Country color if I were to order a piece from the skilled Rebecca.

Fortunately Rebecca worked with me and created a wonderful work of art. I has been several months since my visit to the Texas Hill Country, yet I was suddenly reminded of the beauty of the rolling hills and wildflowers when my art glass piece arrived today.

Finding Rebecca's Art Glass
Rebecca and her husband live on Ranch Road 965 near Fredericksburg. Her works can be seen in town at the Fredericksburg Art Gallery. She is kind enough to grant studio tours on request. E-mail: rebecca@ctesc.net.

Photo Credit: Elizabeth R. Rose - Texas Hill Country art glass by Rebecca Weatherford

No comments:

Post a Comment