Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weird Beads and More Delight Tucson Gem and Mineral Show Goers

It was only last February that my beading friends and I (I am not a beader) spent several days at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Shows. On one of our forays into the world of gems, minerals, beads and jewelry I found these skull beads which just "screamed Day of the Dead" to me. I had to have them. They were only $3.00 for the string. Such a deal. But later, back at our rental condo, I had to admit that I didn't know what to do with them!

Fortunatlely I was with Lynn and Anne, expert beaders who knew exactly what to do. They whisked the beads away to Santa Fe and promised to return them, transformed into something I would love, at a later date.

Soon, as Fall approached, the beads were returned to me, in all their sketal splendor.... transformed into a wonderful necklace and earrings suitable for Halloween or Day of the Dead.


Thank you beading friends.... and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment