Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Arizona Wildfires Affect New Mexico Tourism

I find myself apologizing to fellow travel writers who are coming to New Mexico for the history, blue skies and brilliant white clouds. Oh no! The

Arizona wildfires are sending plumes of smoke in a northeast swirl, affecting the visibility and air quality of New Mexico... even as far afield as Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

In fact, flights into and out of ABQ were cancelled last night. The pilots just couldn't see for all the smoke and ash.

This is nothing compared to the trials and tribulations of those living in the AZ fire zone... yet it must be said. My eyes sting and I cough as I go through life here in Santa Fe. I truly apologize to those who are seeking our bright blue skies and fluffy white clouds.

Here's a photo of the sun this evening clouded by smoke.

2 comments:

  1. Should we travel to ABQ and Santa Fe this week? HELP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely right now in SF. Sometimes in the evening the smoke gets more noticeable. I'd say come on over to NM!

    ReplyDelete